CDN S&P/TSX comp ind stocks in play....

Discussion in 'Canadian Stocks Message Boards' started by hitman, Sep 28, 2019.

1. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since I played any Canadian stocks cause the penalty for irregularities is a slap on the wrist exercise by the governing body. The are also a lot more reasons which Im not going to get into, in the thread prior to this I was going to outline certain things and suspected bs names that are being pumped in the canadian forum but it turned into a locked thread.

The purpose of me being around is to help as I have posted before.

I will be moving 90%US$ into CDN$ so as to start playing canadian names because of what I see unfolding down the road.

TomB16 likes this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

It only got locked because it turned into a flame war. If everyone can keep it civil and have an adult discussion, then it can stay open :)

3. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

I totally get your point I just wish you had left it for maybe 2 post more so I could point out a few points but it's all good. Some people like to stay in the dark so we'll just let them be.

4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Your post does not ask a question but I have a perspective on this so will share my point of view and perhaps it will start a discussion.

I’ve paid attention to both American and Canadian stock markets since the very early 1980s. Over the years the instance of fraud is similar in both markets but the scrutiny is less on the Canadian side. Problems can go undetected more easily and with less consequence on the Canadian side.

When I investigate a REIT, I look at a sampling of assets and record my own guestimates of value, prior to looking at the company’s published asset list. If my values are significantly lower than published values, it’s a red flag. I definitely see some pumped up asset values and I'm not talking about any specific market.

In the case of junior oils, most of them have operations overseas which are difficult to quantify. I have friends who are oil field contractors who feed me information but I can only see the tiniest tip of that iceberg. I like junior oils so this is an area I put some time into.

In conclusion, fraud is definitely a problem and I share your view of it being more so in Canada, IMO. Still, I find more values in the Canadian market than I do in the US market so I don’t shy away but I am very careful.

#4 TomB16, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  5. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Sorry TomB16 I have no interest in having a discussion with you about what you guestimate, investigate, your values are or your oil field friends have to say. Have a nice day.

6. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Playing HND today at the open

7. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

HMJI continuation play for now, I'm not big into the weed plays maybe because I miss the boat or just maybe when Bay St. was pitching some names I was over cautious and ran in the other direction waiting to see who will survive the bubble. HMJI came to my knowledge by way of one my buddies who only looks at weed related plays I know where he gets whats in play on the day of.

BetaPro Marijuana ETF holding is impressive and some of the names in their holdings I'm aware of some of the people who are board members and some are also well know public personalities.

So I know nothing about Horizon Company history but I found an address for them and I will pay a visit in the next few days just to make sure it isn't just 4 walls if you get what I mean.

8. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

TD @ $75.25 to move up, outlook on this completed.

9. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

In WEED.TO @ $25.60