BigBear0083

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by kyleh2k20, Sep 23, 2020.

1. kyleh2k20

kyleh2k20 Member

Hello Stockaholics,

I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong section. Feel free to move.

I’m a long time lurker of the board and was just curious if anyone has seen or heard from bigbear lately. I have noticed that he hasn’t been very active here for the past few months now. Did he retire from the forum or something? Really missed reading his daily market statistics and thoughts on the weekly market threads.

He isn’t been active on the discord chat either. I have sent him a few dm’s but no response which is odd to me because he almost always got back within a day or so. So it just had me wondering what happened. I thought I would ask in a post here rather than taking it privately in hopes that someone might see this and know where he’s been.

I also checked on Reddit which is how I originally found this board and he hasn’t even been active there either?

I know he said the other month that he would be busy or taking some time off from the market. But that he would be back after the summer. Assumed he’d be back by now.

Hope he is ok. Always felt like he was the cornerstone of this website. Isn’t really the same w/o him. Hopefully it isn’t anything serious and that we’ll hear from him again soon.

Sorry again if this was posted in the wrong place. I was going to post this in the main market thread but did not want to clutter the thread.

TIA.

Stockaholic likes this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

You are right, he is the cornerstone of this market. He's still around, just not nearly as often, he's experiencing some burnout I believe. @bigbear0083 is definitely the glue that holds this place together, so hopefully he is enjoying his break and sticks around for years to come

Stockaholic and kyleh2k20 like this.
  3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

He is taking a little well deserved break.

His batteries need a recharge, so hopefully the news from TSLA will help.

Stockaholic, kyleh2k20 and T0rm3nted like this.
  4. kyleh2k20

kyleh2k20 Member

Good to hear. Thanks guys.

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Legend says that if you say his name three times, he may appear.

Stockaholic likes this.
  6. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

lol gil! :rofl:

all good here! as i just wrote in a post on the main weekly thread just now, i did not even think anyone would notice or care too much.

greatly appreciate you guys checking up on me. means a lot! and this is exactly why i say and have always said in the past how i treat this community like family. truth. ;)

i am aiming for a full return here hopefully by year end or after new year.

unfortunately, there is just way too much other irl things going for me atm which has largely sidelined me from the market and the forum.

that said, i still try to get in here at least a few days a week. but admittedly that has been a bit of a struggle.

hope you guys have all been doing great and the markets been treating you well!

should be a super interesting next couple of weeks ahead of us! hold on to your hats! :D

7. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

Wait! What's going to happen?