bid ask buttons

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by CH33C0, Dec 21, 2022.

1. CH33C0

CH33C0 New Member

I’m presently scalp trading stocks using TDAmeritrade thinkorswim.
    I’m looking for another broker with platform that has 'buy bid' 'buy ask' 'sell bid' 'sell ask' buttons. Can anyone help me with this?

2. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question - but if it's because you're leaving TDAmeritrade - good call! I just transferred a brokerage account I had with them to another brokerage. TDA ain't what it used to be - and the Schwab takeover is coming and I don't expect that to help.

3. CH33C0

CH33C0 New Member

Thank you Rayak
    "TDA ain't what it used to be"
    That's exactly the way I feel.

Rayak likes this.
  4. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

I am not a frequent trader, so I don't use the buttons that you inquired about, but the last time I signed onto Fidelity, I checked and Fidelity offers the following in their ActiveTraderPro platform:

"There are four prebuilt shortcut buttons, which can be enabled in the Directed Trade Settings:

Buy at Bid/Buy to Cover at Bid
    Sell at Ask/Sell Short at Ask
    Buy at Ask/Buy to Cover at Ask
    Sell at Bid/Sell Short at Bid
    Note: The long/short trade action will default to your choice from Settings, which may be accessed in either the Directed Trading General Settings or via the right-click menu."

Additionally, Fidelity also offers CUSTOM shortcut buttons:

"For each custom button, you can set the following attributes:

Label (an up to 10-character name that helps you identify your custom button)
    Description (a tool-tip that displays the description of your button when you hover on the custom button)
    Action
    Order Type
    Quantity
    Price
    Time in Force
    Route
    Conditions
    Type (cash/margin)
    Display (for reserve orders)"

Note: The ActiveTraderPro platform is free, but unlike the Fidelity web-based platform, you have to download a client-side app to use it, which requires either Windows or Mac OS.

Hope this helps.

For a LONG time, I had both a TD Ameritrade account and a Fidelity account. For many years, I actually preferred TD Ameritrade, and considered moving my Fidelity account over to TDA. But over the past two or three years, and especially since the Schwab merger was announced - I found TDA to be going down, down, down. I ended up moving everything to Fidelity. Fidelity, for my purposes, has actually gotten better over the same timeframe.

5. CH33C0

CH33C0 New Member

Thanks again Rayak,
    I already have Fidelity, but could never adapt to the ATP platform. But, I'm going to do it now! LOL!

Rayak likes this.
  6. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

I had issues adjusting to the ATP platform as well, but once I realized how easy it is to customize and save custom layouts, I was much more comfortable with it.

7. CH33C0

CH33C0 New Member

I found some youtube stuff for ATP that has been very helpful and I seem to be making some substantial improvements. The one thing I would really like is a progressive profit/loss readout while I am in an active trade. Is it available?

8. CH33C0

CH33C0 New Member

Ok, disregard my last post. I found it in the ‘positions’ box right in front of my face. LOL

Rayak likes this.