BA - Boeing Company

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

2. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

Boeing Company (The)'s PT raised by Jefferies Group LLC to $200.00.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Will the Trump travel ban put the brakes on Boeings Iran deals?

From Dec 2016:

Boeing's $16.6 billion deal to sell Iran 80 737 and 777 aircraft will support nearly 10,000 jobs, with many tied to Boeing operations in the Puget Sound region.

“Boeing and its more than 13,600 U.S. supplier and vendor partners across all 50 states are proud to ensure America continues to lead in global aerospace and to create jobs and opportunities in communities across the nation. Boeing's U.S. supply chain currently supports more than 1.5 million U.S. jobs,” Boeing said in announcing the deal with Iran Sunday.

Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...iran-deal-737-777-trump-congress-opposes.html

I am pretty sure BA top brass got on the red phone as soon as they heard about the travel ban restrictions and told the Trump team that this could jeopardize the deal.

Trump had previously slammed BA about the cost of Air Force One, so they are no strangers to dealing with the POTUS. If Iran decides to pull out of this $16B order, it is not the end of the world for BA, but this short term uptrend could be in trouble.

Taking a look at the chart, shareholders don't seem to be too worried just yet, there are plenty more orders in the backlog to keep things running, but a bit of short term pain might be possible if Iran decides to play hardball.

[​IMG]

4. David Smith

David Smith Member

5. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

Support at 197.80 a strong bounce area, I have taken some strong profits from the run, but buying some July 21 205 calls here at 1.72. This pullback is just a setup for a strong push higher those July 21 205 calls cost 1.72 as $BA trades at 198.90 area, support 197.50

Jack Levy and Charles Noble like this.
  6. Jack Levy

Jack Levy Well-Known Member

Hopefully we'll get a kick today with the WTO ruling, We need to get through this level we're stuck at..GO BOEING!

Charles Noble and fidelgeorge like this.
  7. fidelgeorge

fidelgeorge Well-Known Member

One stock that did not go up last week? BA ...However, it was flat, may be consolidating or topping. On watch for this week.

Jack Levy and Charles Noble like this.
  8. Jack Levy

Recent news caused a minor glitch in the matrix but realize this stock is still hot and will outperform. Earnings will confirm this

9. MiguelHammond10

recent news caused a minor glitch in the matrix but realize this stock is still hot and will outperform. Earnings will confirm this

10. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

Nice work guys

T0rm3nted likes this.
  11. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey guys, did you know Recent news caused a minor glitch in the matrix but realize this stock is still hot and will outperform. Earnings will confirm this

12. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

13. Jack Levy

Easier to deal with high-priced stocks. If $300 stock drops $3, you're down 1%. If $10 stocks $3 ... 30%!

14. BermudianOption

BermudianOption Well-Known Member

Digging the daily chart. MIght be breakout/breakdown time in the near future:
    [​IMG]

T0rm3nted likes this.
  15. Jack Levy

This is going to move fast and furious, but the pros are trying to shake you out before they take it up. Beware of crooks everywhere.

Charles Noble and fidelgeorge like this.
  16. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

New 52wk highs!

17. United Physicists

United Physicists New Member

Hey all, I have been looking into BA recently and decided to make a quick video on it:

Let me know what you think! I am always open to suggestions. These videos are meant to reach a broad audience so I try to not jump into detailed analysis. But if you have points that I missed or additional thoughts, I'd be interested to hear them! Also, as usual, if you have a stock you'd like to see this type of review on... just let me know!

18. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Boeing Loses $20 Billion in Contracts After President Trump Violates Iran Deal

19. bigbull

bigbull Active Member

The longer it holds above $325.00, the better the set-up looks.Targeting $396.
    To me Boeing is NASA.
    Buying BA is like buying a defense contractor, a company dedicated to space exploration with added bonus of having exposure to the commercial space.

Jrich likes this.
  20. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Put holders scored here!