B Russ Investment Journey

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by B Russ, Sep 27, 2017.

1. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Well, i have been out of the game for a bit. Getting back in the saddle. I am trading options in this journal. I prefer them relatively short to mid term. So i will be really focusing on front month, back month options. Probably not longer out than that, unless a midterm stock really intrigues me. Weeklies if i can hop on a trend and day trade a pop or drop.
    i suck at charting. so am basically going to keep the charting pretty basic and with what i know. channels, wedges, ascending/descending triangles. all that basic stuff.

Not looking for big multi baggers. just anywhere from 20~60% gainers.....but hell yeah, i will take baggers! I have a tendency to be reckless and gamble with big risk, big reward. So with that said, I'm hoping this public journal will keep me grounded, reeled in, and making more solid trades based on TA and not the gut. haha.

If any other options traders are lurking about, chime in. Post your picks, wins, losses, methods, BS, lets get some options teamwork rollin in here.

If anyone interested in options, but haven't taken the plunge yet, feel free to visit. talk, ask,

Swing traders...swing trading and my options range, kinda go hand in hand. If you see any good plays, lets bounce them off each other. Happy trading!

2. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

my first and only candidate on my short list as of now is ATVI. Been in about a 4 month channel and it looks like it just bounced off the support. barring any crazy swings tomorrow, the 20 OCT 17 $63.5 calls look good to me at $1.45 journal post.png

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  3. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

In ATVI 20 OCT call. $65 strike @ .74

4. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

my homework tonight, for tomorrow.
    NFLX is consolidating in an ascending triangle. looking like its getting close to breaking out right before or during earnings. thinking of november calls on that one tomorrow. hopefully can sell into the hype before the report.
    FB looks ready to continue the channel up.
    TDOC thanks to neil for bringing it to my attention, barring any wild movement in the AM, looks very ripe for some OCT calls.

Attached Files:

Neil Allen and fireopal like this.
  5. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

Awesome to see credit given to another member for a pick that was brought to your attention! :)

Neil Allen likes this.
  6. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

In TDOC oct 20 $35 call @1:25

NFLX was actually too expensive for me. $8+ for the first OTM contract. :( i may kick myself later, but i won't lose on it.

7. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

And of course, fireopal. And thanks for creepin ;) wasnt sure if anyone was looking or i was talking to myself

fireopal likes this.
  8. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

FB calls. In OCT 20 $170 @ $3.20

9. fireopal

lol of course i'm creeping & i was talking to myself for MONTHS in the daily b/f you & Neil showed up!! Seriously though, really do appreciate seeing members give credit to other member's pick b/c some just take & use as if they discovered them without giving any credit for the work that someone else has done :rolleyes:

Neil Allen likes this.
  10. Neil Allen

Neil Allen Well-Known Member

BR: please take a look at: LOGM, EPAM & VNTV - not sure about their options, but solid growth stocks - good luck w/new thread!

B Russ likes this.
  11. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Ty sir! I will check them out this weekend. I dont necessarily need growth stocks. Its super easy to short them in options. Im just looking for the right mix of volatility and (somewhat) predictability. Though arent we all.

Neil Allen likes this.
  12. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

thanks again Neil. i really like LOGM its in a nice year long channel. and seems that VNTV is forming a bull flag? or at what point is it not considered that anymore? flag is about as long or longer than the pole at this point.
    edit. oh and EPAM consolidating nicely on an ascending triangle. looks primed for a breakout by the end of OCT.
    Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 4.59.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 5.00.45 PM.png

Attached Files:

#12 B Russ, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Neil Allen likes this.
  13. Neil Allen

another one for volitilty is VEEV - i'd buy OCT. 20 calls...should be a $60 stock.

14. Neil Allen

so, i would buy VEEV Oct. 20's / Strike: $60 for $0.45

B Russ likes this.
  15. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

If i can still get it at a bargain, i will. Im tied up in calls right now and waiting on a new broker to clear bank info yada yada. Im sidelined now. But the new broker should be worth it. $1 round trip per contract as opposed to $11, i think it is, im paying now?

16. fireopal

17. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

Hey @fireopal I'd be very wary of jellifin and the guy who started it. If I recall correctly, you pay a monthly fee for "unlimited" options, but you are only allowed to buy long out calls or long out puts as I remember. There was some debate when jellifin started out at the beginning of this year, but IMO too many red flags at the moment. I was invited to try their beta app, but was warned not to enter my real social security number which seemed odd to me. Anyway here is a thread on them from earlier this year.. https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/thoughts-on-jellifin.308344/

Attached Files:

fireopal likes this.
  18. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Thanks for that input, both of you. Idk. Im not against a broker turning a profit. I think $1 per round trip is totally reasonable and fair. It was the 10 or 14 whatever, that was eating me up. Im still getting used to tasty. The android app is still in beta phase too. I thought it was just a junk/unfriendly platform, but customer service told me it was crap and to not use it. Lol. A new update is coming next week or so.

Charting is pretty basic on desktop, but i think they will keep adding to it and it will look more like TOS by the time they are finished. It is apparently still in its infancy. But i do trust them. And that goes a ways too.

19. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

"FB calls. In OCT 20 $170 @ $3.20"
    Scaled out @$4.95. Playing on house money now.

ATVI is a loser, taking what little bit i have left, off the table.

20. fireopal

Thanks Twerpner but me no play options - much to learn which i will get to one of these days...