Adventures in social media!

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by StockJock-e, Apr 25, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I have never bothered much with social media before, but upon re-launching I thought I would try to see what the buzz in about.

Twitter is the normal go-to site for all things social media related, we only used it in the past because everybody else seemed to be doing it lol

After 2 weeks of really trying to understand how these other sites use twitter, I have come to the conclusion that you really need to game the system if you want results. By gaming, I mean you need to fake your follower counts and set up scripts to continuously pump out tweets. It becomes a numbers game, a ridiculous one at that.

More entertainingly, I started an Instagram account for Stockaholics, which I have no idea how to use, but from what I have seen, you need to take pictures of big boobs and Ferraris.

I am going to find some of these and take pictures of them!

Stand by for updates! :D

2. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

Waiting for the big boobs.....

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I got you covered!

[​IMG]

OldFart likes this.
  4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Speaking of social media, Twitter reports tomorrow and all eyes on the active users!

For the first time, they can add me as an active user this past month, but I dont pay them anything, so not sure that I count towards the bottom line.

5. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

I have been using Facebook for maybe three years now and like most sites I do not give pertinent info like my birthdate (that they ask for) or things that could be used for indenty theft and other negatives. Give them my phone number? Yeah right

But Facebook has been usefull for trying to located guys I served with in the Army with many years ago. The coolest find was I could not get this guy to respond to me after I located him as many users don't check the "Other box" With that I found his nephew and he called his uncle that was on the golf course and I talked to him that evening, I also located my girl friend from when I was 19 years old.

Twitter I have read some of the tweets, mostly sports related but I have no need to get further involved.

hmm... I guess if this was a stock related I would be shorting twitter and buying facebook,

OldFart likes this.
  6. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

I've also got a Facebook account and I don't use my real birthdate or give my phone number either.
    None of their business.

It's turned into a boring site to me.
    Thinking of stopping using it.

It has helped me find people I knew in the past that I lost touch with.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  7. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Big boobs and fast cars-coholics for show,
    Stockaholics for dough

Yeah Facebook is great for finding old friends. And everyone looks up old girlfriends once they've found that out.
    16 year old me knew what I was doing when I was crushing :cool:

Tiptopptrader likes this.