OCN - Ocwen Financial Corporation

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by T0rm3nted, Jan 11, 2017.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Ocwen Financial Corporation is a financial services holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, operates as a mortgage company. The Company's segments include Servicing, Lending, and Corporate Items and Other. The Company's Servicing segment consists of its core residential servicing business. The Company's Lending segment is focused on originating and purchasing conventional and government-insured residential forward and reverse mortgage loans. The Company's Corporate Items and Other segment includes business activities that include providing secured floor plan lending to used car dealerships through its Automotive Capital Services (ACS) venture and providing financing to investors to purchase single-family homes and apartments for lease through its Liberty Rental Finance venture. The Corporate Items and Other segment also includes the diversified fee-based businesses, which provide property valuation, real estate owned (REO) management, title and closing services.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

@twerpner Another thread that didn't exist even though you're following it. Hopefully we can get some discussion started here

twerpner likes this.
  3. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

I'm just gonna copy and past some notes I have on this stock, so excuse the rambling nature of these thoughts here. This is a stock I like for the upcoming rate hikes, and the company has really had a good turnaround recently IMO

So as we all know, financials have been On a solid uptrend as of late since really the election. The regional banks are set up for huge gains as we come closer to this rate hike. One in particular that has caught my eye recently is $OCN whose last earnings were nothing short of awesome. They had been reporting negative EPS for a few quarters and therefore kept tanking down to a low of 2.24 but since they're first positive EPS reported in August they have more than doubled.

OCN is a bank/ mortgage servicer that has benefited hugely in part to everyone refinancing their mortgages because of the low rates and now that rates are expected to rise they will benefit from more interest revenue
    So if the expectation, (and now reality I guess) is there will be a rate hike then the financials will continue to gain

They were getting sold off big time as a result of primarily negative earnings and then an overall negative sentiment in the financial sector from the super low rate environment. But now we are finally at the point where they have both turned positive on an EPS basis and we now have the catalyst of higher rates coming in the near future. This will create positive sentiment

In my personal opinion I believe when these financial companies returned to making a profit (positive Earnings) after several quarters of losses, the result will be an increase in their stock prices. I believe it's a turnaround

Not many analysts cover this stock, so it doesn't have as much attention as bigger companies do. The mortgage lenders needed to work towards improving operating efficiencies in order to increase revenue as much as possible in these low rate environments. Now those efficient methods should reap the results with higher rates coming. Plus the one positive about low rates is how many ppl are refinancing their mortgages and how many ppl are taking out new mortgages because they are so attracted to the low interest rates.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Trapped between resistance at almost $6, and the 50MA just under $5.50. Just entering overbought levels and sitting at the upper BB. This could either become a breakout, or head back down to $5.50 in the near future in my opinion.

upload_2017-2-15_9-50-28.png