CIBR - First Trust NASDAQ Cybersecurity ETF

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by T0rm3nted, Jan 11, 2017.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    The First Trust NASDAQ CEA Cybersecurity ETF is an exchange-traded fund. The investment objective of the Fund is to seek investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield, before the Fund's fees and expenses, of an equity index called the Nasdaq CEA Cybersecurity Index.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

@twerpner I figured you may want a thread for this one as well. Never hurts to have a place to discuss!

twerpner likes this.
  3. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

This is one of the "Trump" plays I will be watching closely. I think cyber security and the whole hacking issue won't go away anytime soon, which could lead this and HACK to see some increased interest.

I dug further into CIBR (https://www.ftportfolios.com/Retail/Etf/EtfSummary.aspx?Ticker=CIBR) recently to look at its holdings and see whether all the companies involved in CIBR were worth looking further into, and unfortunately many of them seem fairly valued. All of AKAM/CSCO/MSFT/NXPI/PANW/VMW seem solid, with only PANW being significantly undervalued IMO due to the quality of their product.

T0rm3nted likes this.